Many parents think that video games have harmful effects on children. But actually, they are very educative. Every year many video games are being released. Every time the graphics and sound get better to give the user better experience. Here are five reasons why children should play video games.
- It teaches problem-solving skills that are a very important lesson to learn. Problem-solving skills are more essential than memorizing facts and formulas in this digital age.
- Video games are both challenging and frustrating. The children learn how it feels to achieve something, at the same time they learn not to give up things easily and keep trying.
- Kids learn to accept failure by playing video games. They learn that by failing a few times, you will get success. There are not many risks with trying new things. So, they experiment with gaming and learn from mistakes.
- There is a built-in assessment in video games. This lets the kids know at what level of the game they are and what they need to do to improve themselves.
- In multiplayer games, kids play with others and develop a community. This gives the kids to explore more areas of the game and learn more. Social interaction occurs, and the kids have a good time.
So, good video games enhance learning in children. Children will be a good problem solver when they grow up which will help them in many aspects of life.